Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Elijah and the Prophets of Baal: 05.04

Psalm 121:2:  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth


Psalm 121:1, 2:  I lift up my eyes to the hills.  From where does my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth

Passage: Passage: 1 Kings 17:1; 18:17–46
Principle: God’s supremacy is demonstrated through humble obedience.

Prompt: Ask your child these questions:
Why did Elijah call the Israelites and priests of Baal to Mount Carmel?
How was God glorified through the events on Mount Carmel?

Practice: Help your child apply these truths in the following ways:
By trusting that God answers the prayers of the righteous (James 5:16–18).
By demonstrating God’s supremacy by submitting to and worshiping Him.

Missionary: Chris and Amy Brown

Ministry: Sonshine


No comments:

Post a Comment